*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day Picnic at the Beach

I had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday. Joe got up with the kids to make pancakes while I slept in (glory!). Then, I woke up to my homemade cards from the kids (from Shelagh "Mommy, I worked very hard on it for you so you'd like it"), a beautiful letter from my husband, and a surprise picnic! After breakfast we head up to Salisbury Beach and Park on the border of MA and NH. It was a beautiful, sunny morning with slightly crispy air. We hit the playground first and played for awhile on the great climbing structures.


Then we hit the beach with our blankets and picnic basket. It was kind of windy, but strong sun and snuggly kids made it okay. There were people riding horses and flying kites and my brave children and husband hiked up their pants and splashed around in the water a bit. They were so happy to be at the beach and despite some detailed explaining about how it wasn't warm enough to swim yet but that we could still play and have fun at the beach, they were perfectly okay with just dipping feet and throwing a ball around.
From Rory..."Mommy, I just want to lay down and not talk. I lookin at the ocean. Will you lay with me?". What a perfect Mothers Day heart-melter!

Nothing like fresh ocean air to wipe out a toddler...


We finished the day off at Annas Taqueria and then JP Licks for ice cream cones with rainbow sprinkles. Perfect. I couldn't have had a better day. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family - everyone is healthy and happy and being together outside in the beautiful weather with the breathtaking scenery just filled my heart today. Thank you, my most thoughtful husband :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Sounds absolutely perfect! Glad yo had a special day...

I am married to a "Joe" too and he made waffles! Hooray for the Joes!