*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Shelagh is turning 4

I cannot believe Shelagh is turning 4 next week. I remember thinking 4 was so old when my nephew got there and thinking "Wow, (my sister) is the mom of a 4-year old!". Well, that's me now. Crazy.



Here she is with me and with Joe before her family birthday party (she has 2 cousins that also turned/will turn 4 a month before and after her - we do 1 big family party with her other cousin who is older). She let me give her "Magic Porridge Pot" hair which is my favorite on her. It's basically just 2 buns up high. There is an old Russian/German (Brothers Grimm) folktale (have seen it referenced both ways) we read to the kids and listen to in the car on CD called The Magic Porridge Pot in a beautiful book of stories called The Story Tree from Barefoot Books. If you haven't seen any of the Barefoot Books, go here and check out what they have for books, books w/ CDs included, CDs and puzzles. They are beautifully illustrated and make awesome gifts.

No comments: