*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, May 2, 2008

Meal Planning wk of 5/2

Here's the plan for the next week...

Friday - Pasta w/ Wild Mushrooms (let's hope the mushrooms have made it! didn't end up making this last week) & Salad; Kids - Chicken or Turkey cutlets, snow peas maybe, some of our pasta. Family movie night!
Saturday - out at Family party
Sunday - out for MILs Bday and M Day early (it's terrible going to a restaurant on a holiday)
Monday - Shelagh has recital practice fever starting Monday...during dinner time of course so we'll probably stop for pizza or something on the way home.
Tuesday - Pork Chops w/ Cherry Sauce (from Real Simple), broccolini, jasmine rice maybe? Cherry season is coming up soon and I was in the mood for something with cherries when I found this recipe!
Wednesday - Beef Tenderloin w/ Shiitake Mushroom Sauce (from Cooking Light); mashed potatoes, ? veg
Thursday - Gnocchi w/ Sausage, Red Peppers & Fennel (from Cooking Light); Kids - Mac & Cheese night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I remember those busy nights (and weeks)! My children are grown and starting families of their own now, but I sure used to have to do the nightly supper squeeze. Since I also beleive that family suppers are important, we all worked hard to make sure we made time to eat together.

I like your menus and that you also post where to find the recipes. I want to try the pork chops real soon.

I am writing a series of Mix-and-Match meal preparation techniques on my website that you might be interested in browsing. http://www.momsmealconnection.com/family_meal_planning.html
is the link.