*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Failed Baby Disco

We bought tickets a few months ago to Baby Loves Disco in Boston for this past weekend and I have been so excited to take the kids. Basically, it's day-clubbing for families. Once per month, one of the bars in downtown Boston opens for this event. There is a DJ providing music for dancing, snacks, bubble machines, tatoos/face painting, tents with books and toys, bar is open for parents(yeah!), etc. When I say both my kids like to dance, that is understating things significantly. They LOVE to sing and dance. Case in point below...Shelagh dancing like a nut and Rory holding on and doing a little tap number.


Unfortunately, Shelagh was a little "off" earlier in the day, but both kids napped early and I thought we'd be okay. Rory had a good time, but Shelagh got really hot with fever and eventually, after laying on me and completely shutting down, threw up in a bucket. I have to say, she warned me as it was coming and we made it all into the bucket perfectly! We got cleaned up in the bathroom and left and even in the car she warned me again and into the back I popped and caught the 2nd throw up in the bucket as well. It's days like this that I appreciate the mini-van. Throw-up maneuver space. Poor thing just lay on my lap and watched Cinderella after we got home while Joe brought Rory to a neighbors BBQ. We were able to trade in our tickets for the September event, so we'll try again. Most importantly, Shelagh is doing better and was able to squeeze in a couple of hours at the pool yesterday.

No comments: