*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Block Party

With 3 kids, a part time job, and an endless to-do list of things I never do, I've taken on the neighborhood block party. Thankfully, we have a committee of 5 as of now and more volunteers coming, I'm sure. We had a meeting at my place last night to discuss the general plans and it went well. I'm so glad we're doing it...there are a ton of young families on our street and surrounding and it would be cool to actually get to know some of the neighbors better.

Plus, it gave me an excuse to run last minute to Trader Joes again - Maple Leaf cookies and Shortbread cookies with Apricot or Raspberry jam. Yum. While I was there I sampled a nitrate-free beef hot dog (delish!) and Salt & Pepper potato chips (also yum). I finally bought the brownie mix that L was recommending and NO WONDER it's so good - it calls for a STICK of melted butter. I'll report how they are...I'm sure they won't last long in the house now.

No comments: