*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, July 31, 2009

CSA is Colorful this week!


Cabbage, Carrots (apparantly Danvers, MA is famous for their carrots????), Pickling cucumbers (yes, I'm going to try making pickles but first I have to buy 2-3 spices I'll not use for anything else...how annoying), Zucchini, Yellow Squash (blah), Peaches, Basil, and a dozen ears of Corn. Now I'm thinking about the uber-buttered corn I had at my sisters a few weeks ago. SERIOUSLY buttered, people. Still dreaming about it.
Shelagh and I made some pesto as well as a nice blueberry bread for our neighbor that had surgery and is laid up. I had to explain why their was a huge piece lobbed off the end (because of course we had to keep some of it so she could taste it and there was NO way Joe was letting it all go either).

No comments: