*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Moving on to Baby Food

Miss Kelly is 5 1/2 months now and we're done with our every weekend July travel schedule, so I started Rice Cereal on Monday night. The kid WOLFED it down! I could tell by how she was swallowing the Tylenol for her teething that she'd be fine to take food without thrusting it back out too much. So I've done cereal morning and night for the last few days and she's loving it. Pictures will be posted tonight when I get home. Shelagh and I are both gagging on the smell of the formula and cereal, but whatever. We'll move her on to veggies and oatmeal soon. Maybe this weekend?

I made a stop at Whole Foods yesterday to get some organic carrots, squash, apples and pears. Last night, after a particularly frustrating and tough day at home and with Joe away until late, I spent some time relaxing in the kitchen and making Kelly some veggies. I steamed and pureed the carrots and squash and they are freezing in the ice cube trays now. I can't wait to give them to her! I love making baby food. Shelaghs going to help me with the apples and pears this weekend also. Project-Clean-out-Space-in-the-Freezer-to-make-room-for-ziplocs-full-of-baby-food has begun.

No comments: