*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fiddlehead Soup

I got a pound of fresh fiddleheads from my fruit/veg Co-op and decided to go for a soup. Epicurious and Everyday Food both didn't have one so I just searched via Google and got this Emerald Green Fiddlehead Soup. It came out yummy - mostly tastes like a broccoli soup, I have to say. I cut the cream down from 1 cup to 3/4 cup and would cut it down further to 1/4 to a 1/3 cup next time. Also, I would add an additional potato to thicken it a bit.
This year, in addition to my regular farm CSA that I share with LP, I signed up at another local delivery food co-op for a family fruit share. I loved the CSA from last year but they were a little stingy on fruit, partially due to the partially ruined food crop and partially just generally light on fruit. My kids rip through fruit so I decided to try this new one that delivers weekly to my town that I heard good things about. I also volunteered to work on the recipe blog, so I'll link to it if I post anything interesting whenever they get me set up.

No comments: