*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Extended Vegetable Share Loot

I got the extended share from the Food Co-Op that I belong to which is 2 double-family sized deliveries of vegetables and fruit. I got a massive amount of food:
  • Beets (Made Roasted Beet and Potato Borscht from October 2010 Everyday Food. Left the stove on while I got stuck upstairs with the kids, boiled away all the liquid, but saved it by adding more broth and cooking it down for 10 minutes. Delicious!)
  • Potatoes
  • Leeks
  • Garlic
  • Collard Greens (Braised them in chicken broth, onions, and apple cider vinegar)
  • Kohlrabi
  • Butternut squash
  • Some off white/yellow-green striped squash
  • Carrots
  • Apples (Cameos & Candy Crisps)
  • Baby Bok Choy
  • Turnips

I think I'll take the potatoes, garlic, kohlrabi, carrots and turnips and just do a few trays of roasted vegetables. I'll eat them for lunch this week.

Food stress, welcome back!

No comments: