*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, November 19, 2010

New Carpet Runner

After almost 7 years in our house, and a mean fall down the steps while holding 2 babies, we finally got a carpet runner for the stairs. I cringe at the thought of house projects - I have no design eye and everything we do is for the first time, thereby requiring in-depth research. All that requires time without children, a sense of style, and a basic idea about what you want - none of which I have. Stress!

Anyway, I finally went to a few carpet stores and after some struggle picked a runner I thought would work. I think it looks great if you are looking just up or down the stairs. However, pulling together multiple rooms? I don't know. We decided against going all the way up from the 2nd to the 3rd floor to save some $ and b/c only the guest room is up there now. I will regret that decision. It is almost guaranteed that the carpet will be discontinued by then as is my luck. That was basically the reason we had to pull up the carpet squares in the laundry room and put in wall to wall there. The cat peed on too many squares, they were discontinued, and we had to start over. Typical.

Oh well. Here it is...I just want to lay down on the stairs now...they are so plush.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! It all looks beautiful!

Love to all....
Aunt Harlee

Carpet Samples Online said...

Hi,

It is really a nice idea to cover the stair case with the beautiful designed carpet. It adds a lot to increase the beauty of a simple designed home. Thanks for sharing this fabulous post.