*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Computer Back up to Snuff!

FINALLY, our computer is fixed and in tip-top shape. New internal hard drive, Operating System restored, 2007 Office disc from original purchase found and reloaded, all software reloaded, Camera & iFlip synched and up to date, all files saved from damaged hard drive and restored to laptop including pictures, videos, address book, and music files, and Carbonite purchased and fully implemented (online backup). It's back up and better than ever. I should have known the failure was coming as the laptop had slowed to a crawl and was exhibiting signs of fatigue. I got warning after warning from Dell that the warranty was about to expire. Of course it failed 10 days later. Typical.

I bought the hard drive and gave it to a friend at work who replaced it for me. I tried, thanks to a friends equipment, to read the files off of the damaged drive, but couldn't so Geek Squad handled that part quickly and without fuss for $99.

Hard Drive - $79
Gift Card for friend who replaced it - $75
Geek Squad to restore files - $99
3 years of Carbonite online backup - $129
Peace of Mind and pride at not saying "Fuck it" and just buying a new one - Priceless

1 comment:

Greenstylemom said...

Hooray!

And I got that Twitter request... only I'm never on there, so I don't even remember my password to accept. I'll figure it out eventually!