*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Indian Chicken

I was thinking about this really fantastic yogurt chicken I had at a birthday party/BBQ this summer and decided to try a yogurt marinated, spiced Indian-style chicken. I adapted a recipe from Rosanne Gold's Radically Simple cookbook that I had copied while at my Mom's house this winter called Blistered Chicken, Tandoori-Style. It calls for Turmeric, Cumin, Garam Masala, Cardamom, Paprika, and Cayenne. I left the cayenne out, but look how pretty the spice mixture came out? It gets mixed with the yogurt/grated onion and sits marinating the chicken for 18-24 hours. Finally it gets baked on high heat in the oven. The kids LOVED it...we called it yellow chicken. I was prepared to remove the top/sauced layer of chicken for them - or at least for Rory - but they all ate it. It was great to make on a work night too since it was pre-marinating and ready to just pop into the oven. We had it with cous cous and green beans. It's not online so grab it from the library!




1 comment:

JFM said...

looks awesome!