*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shelagh's Experiment

Shelagh came home with these from after-school and told me she was working on experiments. Jar 1, on the left, is filled with wet paper towels. Jars 2 and 3 are filled with soap and water which Shelagh has decided make her skin soft and smooth like lotion. I had to leave these on the counter for 3-4 days before she had forgotten enough about them for me to throw out. On one side there is curiosity, interest in Science, and all that. The other side is hoarding and grossness. Really? A bottle of wet paper towels? She also brings home boxes and scraps out of her classroom recycling bucket. How do I argue with Reuse/Recycle?????

3 comments:

Lisa said...

My daughter does the same thing. She also bring sticks from our walks home and puts them out back to save for projects. Science is fun for kids, when they remember. Have a fabulous day

Greenstylemom said...

Gotta love science experiments... especially with wet paper tawles! I walked in on my kids not long ago with towels and bowls all around the fridge. They were doing an "experiment" to see which bowl the water from the dispenser would hit. I actually let them do it to get a few more minutes of peace!

Anonymous said...

Always thinking, that Shelagh!Maybe she'll be a famous scientist one day & you'll look back on this & say, "remember when you........"!!

A long distance hug to Shelagh too!
Love,
Aunt Harlee