*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, March 21, 2011

Operation Don't Embarass Yourself in a Bathing Suit

A few weeks ago I went into the Gap to buy a pair of jeans. I undressed in the dressing room, horrifield myself looking in the mirror, re-dressed, and abandoned ship. I ran out of there faster than ever. How can I buy anything new until this muffin top is dealt with???? Terrible moment. I have 2-3 months to pull my shit together before summer time/pool time. Plus, I really need some new clothes and just can't pull the trigger until I'm buying the size I want to be. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do but it needs to be drastic I think. I don't have the stomach to starve myself or workout obsessively. Oh well...a nice stomach bug might help!!

Seriously, though, in the last week I have stopped eating chocolate and ice cream, except for the few bites of cheesecake the other night. No more chocolate stash at work (this is huge - it's where I usually binge). Slight reduction in bread products and butter. Incorporated more chicken/fish in meal planning. Hmmm...okay that's it. Obviously I need to do much more such as reducing pasta, adding in a weekend workout day, making sure my workouts actually make me sweat. Why can't I just lose the extra lb's unknowlingly without any work like after Kelly was born???? If only I could nurse someone and let my body do all the work without me knowing. Damn!

1 comment:

trashmaster46 said...

I hadn't owned a bathing suit in... oh, about 10 years till my now-husband decided he was taking me to Disneyland, and the hotel he wanted to stay at had a swimming pool. I managed to find a one-piece that was grown-up without being frumpy, and didn't have my stomach and behind leaking out all over from the suit. I still wasn't nearly as comfortable as I wanted to be, but finding this thing went a long way in helping me not let my body stop me from doing the things I wanted to do.
Best wishes on finding your way to doing what you want to do.