*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, May 27, 2011

Farfalle Pasta with Broccoli Pesto

I grabbed this recipe from Pioneer Woman who got it from Italian Food Forever.  I liked the idea of processing the broccoli into a pesto.  It came out just okay, but I'm determined to make it work. 
Here are my notes:
  1. The ratio of broccoli to parsley was WAY off.  I don't love parsley and I should have known that there was too much for my taste.  I would do 2 cups broccoli to 1/2 cup parsley. 
  2. I didn't toast the pine nuts, but will next time.
  3. I would add another, if not 2 more, anchovies. 
  4. I skipped the capers - not crazy about them.
  5. I would use more olive oil...it was dry.

2 comments:

Karen's Vegan Kitchen said...

Even though you seem less than thrilled with the results it sure looks tasty! I will keep your comments in mind when I try my hand at this recipe.

Anonymous said...

I made this with a bit of adjustment to the original recipe. Everyone here loved it. Thanks for posting. love Beth