*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sirius & Massive Dunkin Donuts Calories

I had to replace my Sirius unit I use in my car a few months ago.  I grabbed a new one at Radio Shack and set it up.  Since then I've had the worst reception - SO frustrating.  Why did it work before and not now????  To solve this problem, I went back to Radio Shack and bought an adapter to plug directly into the FM radio instead of allowing the signal to come through an unused channel (like you would do with your iPod and an iTrip).  Regular mechanic couldn't do it because apparently you have to take the whole dashboard apart and he didn't have the tools.  Went to a specific car radio guy today and it's now working perfectly.  Of course, he needed more parts - 2 different adapters b/c Honda needed to change their industry standard radio setup.  He told me that the FCC told Sirius that they had to reduce the output in the new line of radios.  Nice, huh?  I'm convinced they did that b/c they can't get to Howard any other way now.  Nice.  At least I'm not nuts for being driven insane by this!!

While I was waiting I ran over to Dunkin Donuts across the street so I could get some work done.  I don't think I would have been hungry otherwise, but it seemed silly not to get something.  I got a multi-grain bagel, small iced tea and butter on the side.  My intention was to eat 1/2 the bagel and less than a butter pat.  Of course that didn't happen - They toasted the bagel so I wouldn't have been able to save the other half and it seemed like a waste :)  I ate the whole thing and 2 butter pats (accomplishment b/c they actually gave me 4 pats).  THIS IS WHY I HAVE TO GIVE UP BUTTER ALMOST COMPLETELY!!!!  Then I plugged this "snack" into my fitness pal on my phone and good Lord.  570 calories.  Seriously.  I just ate marinated mushrooms and asparagus for lunch and I will be sipping broth for dinner.  Kidding.  But, I really have to have a small dinner now.  How on Earth is a bagel, butter and iced tea almost 600 calories or 1/2 of daily intake????  Crazy.  Bagels are death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes they are, but a good slow death! Gotta have my bagels on the weekends!

♥ you...
Aunt Harlee