*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shelagh is 7

Just blows me away...We had a packed day today.  Rory had Tball at 830.  Shelagh had her dance recital at 10 (she did great!) followed by her soccer game at 1245 (she scored, they won!).  We ended up at our favorite local Mexican restaurant where Shelagh was serenaded by a gang of waiters while wearing an enormous sombrero.  Then home for some red velvet cake with pink frosting and M & M's (by request).  We hung around home and then had presents at the end of the day.  New pillow pet, microphone, outfit, crafts, and books and her day was happily complete.  I think it was a bit overwhelming by the end.  Poor thing was so tired and worn down by bedtime that we had a rough time ending things on an up note. 

I cannot believe she is 7 years old and finishing 1st grade.  Where did the time go?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shelagh! It was GREAT talking to you today! Mom did a really good job on your cake. I'm glad that you had a very "Happy Birthday"! I wish I could have seen your recital. I remember when Nannee and I went to see your Mom and Aunt Sasha dance!I love you & miss you very much!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Love, hugs & kisses, Aunt Harlee

Greenstylemom said...

Happy 7th Birthday!!