*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pasta with Mascarpone, Chicken, Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Spinach

While perusing The Pioneer Woman's food blog pointed to this recipe from Italian Food Forever.  I've wanted to use Mascarpone cheese for awhile and this seemed like a good place to start.  I bought 2 containers b/c I recall a brownie recipe using it as well.

I halved the recipe for Joe and I and it was plenty with leftovers that I sent with him to work for lunch (or I certainly would have inhaled it all).  Some notes:
  • I used 2 chicken thighs instead of 1 1/2 (Joe doesn't like thighs usually, but he didn't notice in this dish)
  • 2 garlic cloves instead of 1 
  • 7oz of spinach instead of 4 1/2 - Spinach shrinks so why not make the whole bag, right?
  • I have split feelings about lemon in savory food.  I should always pare it back when there is zest in a recipe.  There was a bit too much lemon in this, but I still liked it.  I would probably do 1/2 the lemon zest and the same amount of juice. 

No comments: