*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, May 20, 2011

Russian Egg & Mushroom Salad

Look how gorgeous this egg salad is?  Before and After pics are below... The recipe I used was adapted on Orangette but originally from last months Saveur magazine.  I went right by it in the magazine, but made it the other day after Molly adapted it and raved about it.  It was delicious. I put it on a piece of toasted rye.



My food co-op/CSA is beginning in a couple of weeks.  They usually get some Spring deliveries prior to the season start that you can optionally order.  I grabbed a pound of the most gorgeous and enormous asparagus which I promptly roasted.  Yes, they are almost the length of the cookie sheet!  Unfortunately, I hosed them by about 5-10 minutes.  Damn.  They were still good.

No comments: