*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rutabaga and Celeriac Puree with Seared Scallops

Spotted this on the Kitchn the other day and made it tonight.  The Rutabaga and Celeriac Puree with Seared Scallops was wonderful! 

I have a few notes though...
  1. I used Vegetable broth.  I think you could use a little less for a slightly thicker puree...maybe 3-3 1/2 cups instead of 4. 
  2. I think the sour cream could be cut in half at least.  Also, I used a hand/smoothie blender which worked great.
  3. The scallops took longer than 1 1/2 minutes per side. 
  4. There was MUCH more puree than needed, even with a generous portion.  I will probably eat it like a soup for leftovers.  I would reduce the puree ingredients in 1/2 next time.
  5. I also think this could use a sprinkling of thinly sliced scallions at the end.  Or, a little basil oil drizzle maybe?
  6. Didn't serve this with anything.  Didn't need to. 

No comments: