*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Movies: Star Trek

We dropped the kids at my mother in laws this past Saturday morning and ran off to the movies to catch Star Trek. I'm not a Trekkie, but I did watch the show at my dads house every other weekend when I was a little kid and was looking forward to J.J. Abrams rendition.

FANTASTIC. It was seriously awesome. Casting: Zachary Quinto from Heroes as young Spock - perfect. Spock - cool. Chris Pine - HOT and such a good performance as young Kirk. Sulu, Bones, Uhura, Scotty - all on the money. Eric Bana, who I think is a bit dull, was a great choice as Nero. Even was digging Winona Ryder as Spocks mom. Effects: The ships were insanely cool. The music was great. I cried at the beginning and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. LOVED IT! Joe is not that into Star Trek generally and he really loved it too.

J.J. might be a guarantee at this point...Alias, Lost, Fringe, Star Trek, for sure. I liked Cloverfield and Mission Impossible III. He must do a Star Trek sequel.

1 comment:

Chris Archibee said...

So right on! I loved it too for all the reasons you said. I was a Star Wars kid, then a Star Wars lad and now a Star Wars man even though the modern ones made me consider turning in my membership card. I never liked Star Trek until now. This was great fun. You mention JJ Abrams being a lock - I think Simon Pegg is also falling into that category for me. Shaun of the Dead and especially Hot Fuzz are tremendous, but I didn't see Run Fat Boy Run.

We also watched Angels and Demons last weekend. I'll save my review until I you give me the go ahead

Sena, check out the Filmspotting podcast. It's free off itunes and it's really great. filmspotting.net