*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sick Kid on 2nd Day of Work

It's Murphys Law, right?
So, for my first week back at work I was in the office on Day 1. On Day 2, I had to work at home with Shelagh sick (today). She had a high fever yesterday and fell asleep at 645 last night, but she seems to be doing better today and enjoying the longest run of TV watching she's ever had. On Day 3, I have to take off b/c I have some DR appointments for Kelly that I couldn't reschedule. Nice and reliable, I am. What a great first impression for the guy I'm working for on my new project who is new and doesn't know me. Awesome.

On a funny note, Shelagh decided to put together a list of the things she needs to do to get better so that she can go back to school tomorrow. You see, tomorrow is her 5th birthday. Her best friend at school shares her birthday and she is dying to celebrate with her class on the exact day. I'm not at work anyway, but it would be such a pain to bring her with Kelly and I to Boston and then shop for balloons and cake for her when she is with me. I'd much rather surprise her.

No comments: