*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Precious Moments

When my head is splitting the other evening and without hesitation my husband leans over and rubs my temple for me. He constantly rubs my shoulders. He starts helping as soon as he comes in the door at night. He calms me if I'm agitated and reminds me to look beyond the moment and relax. Which I need often.

When I'm putting Kelly to sleep and it's dim in her room with only the light of dusk streaming in under the shade...she nurses quietly and while she lounges in my arms, her hand gently brushes my skin and caresses back and forth. She grabs my shirt now and then and then releases it, waves her arm around and settles back down. Every once in awhile she looks up at me and gives me the hugest smile, then resumes nursing. Heaven.

When I'm tucking Rory in at night I lean down for a hug and ask him "Will you be my love?". He answers "Yes, Mommy, I will be your 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and a million Love" and he nuzzles into my neck and wraps his arms around my neck for a big squeeze.

When I'm tucking Shelagh in at night and she gives me my favorite hugs...the Pat-Pat hug is when she puts her arms under mine and gently pats my back while hugging. The Arm-Wrap hug is when she then puts her arms around my neck, plants a kiss on the lips, and gives me the best bear hug of all time. She knows they are my favorite kinds of hugs and she loves giving them.

No comments: