*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, May 15, 2009

Out of My Element

I went to Bloomingdales today and WOW - what a different slice of life. I wasn't close to dressed enough for the glamour that was all around me (note sarcasm). Seriously though, I left my Gucci at home and was a fish out of water in there. It's a new-ish store and it is unreal shiny. I walked in through cosmetics - scary ladies in there; along a wall of Chanel; past a frightening shoe department - several fancy boys with moustachioed smirks; and through some brand names I thought only celebrities wore.

I had to return a gift that Kelly got and DAMN there was some beautiful way-too-fancy-for-me stuff. I had fun. For 3 outfits that were too small, I got 3 more outfits off the 50% rack for next summer - brands I would never normally pay top dollar for were totally manageable marked down twice. Heaven.

No comments: