*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Food Update

The Cheesy-onion bread was actually made of biscuit dough, which is the ONLY reason I didn't screw it up! It was good, but I was dreaming about onion-y moist bread and it just wasn't what I had in mind. Bringing the leftovers to work.

The cornmeal fish sticks were a little bland. No one ate a thing at dinner tonight.

The pork shoulder was game-y. I think that happened last time and I suppose it's the cut. I will still use the shredded pork to make this pasta ragu type sauce b/c in theory the sauce should mask the bite of eating it as is I would think.

So, happy I've been able to cook more, but need to focus on better recipes. Also, it would be nice if I took Rory and Kelly somewhere on a home day, but I've barely managed a play date for Rory every 3 weeks or so. It's just so DAMN COLD. And, that DAMN Punxatawny Phil saw his DAMN shadow, DAMMIT. I need me some Spring.

1 comment:

GreenStyleMom said...

Don't you hate it when you think a recipe is going to be good and it's not?? But those baked goods look really yummy!!