*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wrappers

I have to report that Shelagh is a hoarder. Not at the point of needing intervention yet, but she has this odd attachment to food wrappers. She saves all wrappers and I have to hunt around after them and be constantly vigilant re: squeeze yogurt wrappers or else the smell would just linger out there until they were discovered. She decided to switch backpacks for school on Friday so I finally got a chance to really clean out her backpack only to discover this!
I'm so writing a letter to the after-school "enrichment" program director. You can't really see in there, but they are getting that crappy gross 10% juice fruit drink in plastic cups and doritos more times than I care to publish. Ew. I'm so glad the Mass. House has passed a bill directing schools to provide only healthy snacks and drinks in school. If this doesn't pass it will be ridiculous.

No comments: