*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where's the Snow?

You'd think people had forgotten that we live in New England WHERE IT SNOWS! I got the recorded message from Shelaghs school yesterday morning that school was closed. The snow had not started yet. The forecast called for 4-8 inches in the city and surrounding and up to 10 inches North of the city but not starting until mid-day. Seriously. Our town doesn't even have buses - what the hell were they afraid of????

We recovered quickly and Joe brought Shelagh to work for the day (where upon his work mate suggested that Shelagh and her daughter - who was up the street from their office at home - have a play date for the day!). I dropped Rory off and his day care decided to close at 2pm. In 5 years of being at this center they have never closed early during snow. Unbelievable. I was so annoyed. I shuffled my work schedule and at 130 when I left to go pick him up, it had been flurrying with NOTHING STICKING.

So, Rory and I went to Barnes and Noble and spent a gift card he had on a few new books. We shared a hot chocolate and just tooled around together. Usually when I have Rory I have Kelly too, so it was nice to just be with him. He's such a love. Then we went to Trader Joes and picked up Kelly to head home for the day.

At 630am this morning Joe asked me "How much snow is there?"...It was a dusting. What a huge over-reaction. I think people saw how hard DC was hit and panicked. Completely annoying. The bummer is that Shelaghs Valentines Day party was postponed to today and now neither Joe nor I can go. She was devastated, the poor thing. I think my Mother in Law went, though, so hopefully she's feeling better.

No comments: