*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cupcakes & Muffins


Rory and I had a morning of baking and licking batter bowls. We made a single layer cake for our family for Kellys 1st birthday this Thursday and made cupcakes with the rest to send to her home care. Then, we made Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Loaf from SmittenKitchens adaptation of an Ina Garten recipe. I've made the full loaf before, but today we made a mini-loaf and a dozen muffins. They came out yummy - really moist.
Rory is a helpful baker and likes doing projects in the kitchen. Today he cracked his first egg after which he said "and now I lick my fingers". When I dove and screamed for him in what seemed like slo-mo "NOooooooooo". People used to drink raw eggs for health so I'm sure it's no big deal but the kid is already King Diarrhea so why risk it?

No comments: