*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Kelly!


I cannot believe she is 1. This morning I dropped her off at the home care and asked for a hug goodbye. She leaned over, hugged me, leaned back and waved. Then she blew me a kiss. I swear my heart melted it was so sweet.

Here's a little rundown of what Kelly is up to these days:
  • She is eating regular food, although she is already showing signs of being a picky eater, God help me. When she doesn't like something it gets either thrown at me, spit at me, dropped on the floor while staring at me with challenging eyes, or just screaming. Nice. She loves applesauce, toast and yogurt. That's about all that is a guarantee. She's not quite as bad as Rory, but I see a longer future of dinner-time cajoling.
  • She crawls all over, pulls up to her knees, has pulled up to her feet (although not much and not lately), does downward dog sometimes, but seems not at all interested in standing or walking. If she was my first child I'd probably be disappointed, but do I need my 3rd to be walking yet???? No, I do not.
  • She got 4 new teeth in the last month or so bringing her total to 8. She doesn't let me look in there so there might be more coming, but who knows.
  • She has said a few words - Uh-Oh, Wow, Mama/Maaaam, Lala (which I believe is her trying to say Shelagh) - we thought it was Dada, but I saw her tongue on the roof of her mouth and she's staring right at Shelagh going "LALALALALALALA".
  • She waves hi and bye and will high five you if she's in the mood.
  • She LOVES hair: Pulling it, holding it, eating it, hiding beneath it, whatever. When she hugs me (which is constantly), she wraps her arms around my neck and grabs hold of my ponytail and does not let go. I love it...it's like she's holding on for dear life.
  • She likes to play with Rorys toys mostly - cars, Bakugans - and her musical toy cell phone.
  • She is a really happy baby - smiles all the time, laughs, claps, hugs.
  • Despite falling off the changing table yesterday and landing on her head with the loudest thump I've ever heard, she has all her faculties and my Mother of the Year award is on the way. HAHA.
Tonight we will eat the pathetic cake I made (I am hopeless in the cake and bread department) and open her 2 little presents - a pink bunny pillow and a toy cube with beads and stuff - plus a couple of other things she got in the mail from family.
It tasted good anyway...
The birthday girl and the big kids
Cruising on her new fairy ride-on from her cool cousins.

1 comment:

GreenStyleMom said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly! Wow... that year went fast, even for me!