*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Sunday, January 29, 2012

TV: Winter Shows

Recently Finished
  1. Boardwalk Empire - Great season finale.  Despite the fact that they killed off a MAJOR character, I'm more interested in seeing how Nucky deals with Margaret when he finds out she gave his major money maker to the church.  Gave me much more of a gut sink to see that than the murder, which was daring, but not as dramatic.
  2. Dexter - Was JUST starting to get a little bored when BAM, the season finale was great.  Didn't love Colin Hanks, but I honestly think topping John Lithgow may not be possible.  I'm in again for another year.  I must know how they address the cliffhanger of Debra walking in on Dexter. 
  3. The League - Fantastically funny and raunchier than usual.  I'm now following ALL those guys on Twitter.
  4. Homeland - Really solidly good.  Happy that Claire Danes won the Golden Globe for her role.  Not happy that it beat out Game of Thrones for Best Drama.
Ongoing
  1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Love it.
  2. Top Chef: Texas - Not as much talent as usual on this season.  Still love it, but not really rooting for anyone.  Wish Nyesha hadn't gotten booted so early.  Come to Boston!!!
  3. Portlandia - We just started this season and it's extremely witty and sometimes laugh out loud funny. I never loved Fred Armison on SNL, but he's so great on this.
  4. 30 Rock, Modern Family, Office, Parks & Rec - of course Is Bob Newport on Parks & Rec an homage to Robert California on Office?  Hmmm
Upcoming
  1. Luck (HBO) - Jan 29 - Just heard an interview with David Milch on NPR about this and the clips sufficiently caught my interest.  I didn't love Deadwood, but I hold out hope for this new show.
  2. Eastbound & Down (HBO) - Feb - Season 1 was hilarious.  Season 2 had it's moments.  Will go in again and hope for more April and more laughs.
  3. Game of Thrones (HBO) - April...Big Sigh.  My #1 favorite (with Sons of Anarchy a quick 2nd).  I might buckle and read Book 5 b/c April seems so far away...
On DVD Now/ Future
  1. Big Bang Theory - We've been watching this on DVD for several months.  It's really funny, but it's still a network sitcom so it's tough to power through on DVD.  We've had to put it down and pick it back up.  We are like 3 seasons behind.
  2. Bored to Death - Love Ted Danson and I've heard great stuff about this.
  3. The Killing - Everyone was talking about it...feeling obligated.
  4. Louis - Saw 1 episode and it was really funny - I didn't like his HBO show, but this one was good.  Joe wasn't into it though so it may take awhile for me to get to it.

1 comment:

JFM said...

I love this! I'm going to check out a few shows based on your reco!

Yay, Rory on losing a tooth. When did they start getting so big?!