*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Great Ending for Top Chef

I am so pleased about the results of Top Chef. I have to say, they really had me at the end and I thought that Lisa might have clinched it. Thankfully, Stephanie won as I was hoping she would. Richard really blew it, huh? I liked him and was happy to see him in the finale, but you could tell from the beginning that he was off his game. When he didn't have his menu finalized by the end of the prep day, it was a bad sign. When Tom C. asked him how things were going and he was totally wigged out...also not a good sign. Juxtapose that against Lisa being all cool-as-a-cucumber and asking why no one was talking and I was worried. I was getting so worked up thinking that she might win it. She doesn't have the range, she has a terrible attitude, she has sold out her other cast mates, and she can only cook Asian food. Not a Top Chef. Stephanie worried me with her lack of confidence about her dessert. And while I would not have liked that lamb dish, it was original and it got lots of props from the judges. I was a little disappointed that Richard didn't say something to the affect of "If I couldn't win, I'm glad it was Stephanie..." or something like that. He's usually such a great sport. He was so bummed out.

There is no release date for Seasons 1-3 on DVD. I realize it's reality and you can find out who won previous seasons easily, but I still would watch it and wish they would put it out. I just love watching the challenges and the dishes they come up with.

There is a final "reunion" episode this week. I wonder who will bitch about Lisa making it to the final. Did she even have any friends amongst the other contestants? Here's where the drama will play out and where Bravo squeaks out one more week of ratings. I'll watch though.

No comments: