*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Reality TV & Top Chef

I cannot stand Reality TV. That's right. I don't watch Survivor or the Amazing Race, much to the disbelief of a few of my co-workers. NO AMERICAN IDOL or that Celebrity Dancing show. I did watch Real World back in the day...I think San Fransisco was the last one I watched, thankfully. Maybe a little of Boston. I do like Kathy Griffin's D List show on Bravo now and then. For the most part, though, Reality TV does nothing for me.

That said, I now LOVE Top Chef! Last summer, at our family beach house vacation, my sister insisted on watching Top Chef. A friend of hers from high school was competing in Season 3. I was instantly hooked! Also, my mom is a chef as is my brother-in-law. Plus, as any of you reading know by now, I love to cook and am obsessed with trying new recipes and restaurants and food magazines. This migration to Top Chef was inevitable.

** SPOILER **
Joe and I got hooked this year and have really enjoyed the show. Since Episode 1, I have been rooting for Stephanie and continue to hope that she wins. Although, if Richard wins, I won't be too upset. Richards food is a bit too weird for me, but I respect his talent and creativity. Stephanie cooks exactly what I like to eat. Antonia has grown on me too, but only since the episode when she started talking about her daughter. I didn't think she was very exceptional before that episode. VERY sad to see her go last night and especially for something dumb like putting her dishes on the same plate. That was a waste. Lisa seems like a total bitch and has such an attitude problem. I cannot believe she made it this far, but I'm not too worried about her winning...She'll screw herself up at some point in the final episode. She did seem a little calmer than usual in last nights episode. She must have really reevaluated during the break before they went to Puerto Rico. She was actually right to be disappointed that Stephanie and Richard didn't congratulate her last night. But, I can't believe she said it out loud. Baby.

I know the winners are known for Seasons 1 - 3, but I would totally go back and watch all 3 seasons. What a great show! If only they put better recipes online afterwards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you find the time for all this grocery shopping, cooking and TV watching....and working....with 2 little kids? please advise! You must have tons of energy.

Shannon said...

Isn't it so funny how we get hooked on these shows no matter how much we hate them?? :)

Unknown said...

Ok not a big reality TV fan either but I LOVE HEll's KITCHEN, but with that being said...it's not really reality hummmmm. Check out Gordon Ramsey's 4 letter word on the BBC it is good and great cooking instructions, I actually made beef wellington and it came out PERFECT!!!Thanks Gordon. I also long for my TiVo which I too gave up for comcast...comcast is oK but TiVo is better for sure.
Gotta run. Miss ya. love your cousin. Michele