*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, October 24, 2008

Chicken Breasts w/ Apricot-Onion Pan Sauce - Yum

I'm not usually a fan of chicken breasts. I love cutlets (probably b/c they are usually fried), but otherwise have always preferred thighs and legs. The big problem is I never have good ideas/like recipes for chicken breasts. That said, I need to incorporate some healthier poultry into our diet and so I decided to give this recipe a whirl. In this past months Food & Wine, I made the Chicken Breasts with Apricot-Onion Pan Sauce. It was so good and definitely a do again. It helps that it calls for a skin-on Chicken Breast and has a nice thick and rich sauce. The plain chicken meat just doesn't cut if for me normally. Anyway, I highly recommend it. I cut the recipe in half for me and Joe and cut off some of the chicken for the kids and it was plenty for one meal.

Plus, both kids like to eat the dried apricots for a snack. I, on the other hand, have a real problem with dried apricots after a certain bug incident way back when while dipping them into chocolate. Let's just say I ate them before I realized and have never recovered. The trauma was similar to the bad experience we've all seemed to have with a particular alcohol that we never were able to have again (plug in Tequila, Gin, Whiskey, whatever). Permanent trauma.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sound yummy- please share the recipe