*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, October 20, 2008

New Closet & New Room !!

The closet project in Shelaghs room is finished and came out just as I had envisioned it. Yeah. This is a huge leap b/c 1) I have no design sense WHATSOEVER and 2) there was a slight disagreement in the house over the priority of this project. In short, Rory and Shelagh are going to move into the Shelaghs room. Rorys room has been the revolving baby room and will be so for Baby #3 come 1 month after her birth, or sooner. It is gender-neutral therefore I only had to go through the torture of decorating a baby room once. The torture being the designing and deciding, not the buying.

Poor Rory will be living in a room drenched in yellow and hot pink. I did get him some semi-coordinating sheets with cars all over them which he seemed to like and b/c yellow is his favorite color, he seems not to see the pink, butterflies, or flowers otherwise surrounding him. In order to fit both kids clothes and not have to squish the room with dressers, we opted instead to open up the closet door to better utilize the existing closet space. Then, I spent a lovely afternoon in the Container Store (heaven) working with someone to design a shelving system (Elfa). Joe painted the closet and put up the curtain "door" and installed the top of the shelving and Shelagh and I did the rest during Rorys nap yesterday. She not only helped me put the brackets and shelves up, but she then coordinated the entire clothing move process. She took it upon herself to refold everything in the closet and in the drawers (absolutely my child). Finally, she made space for Rory in her bookshelves and in her "guy" buckets (stuffed animal containers) so he would feel welcome.

And, without further adieu...

After all that, of course they wanted Rory to move right in. I figured if I was going to be forced awake at 5am, better it be a work day so I relented and they actually went right to bed and slept until 715 this morning! Glory! I was up 3 times over the night with them individually but they miraculously did not wake each other at all. It could be the warp speed with which I darted out of bed and into the room upon hearing the beginnings of a peep from either of them. Between 3 awakenings and the late time to bed b/c of the disappointing ALCS game (damn those Red Sox for blowing it!), I am toast today. Chocolate, here I come...Wait. How is that different from any other day?

No comments: