*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, October 6, 2008

Sex in the City, the movie

Joe was out last night, so after the kids went to bed it was a bowl of Cherry Garcia and the Sex in the City movie for me. I have to say that I loved it. I cried 3 times - it had some devastating parts, a couple of good laugh-out-louds (thank you, Charlotte); but most of all, I felt like I fell right back into their lives. They put the Carrie/Big situation, which was the main storyline, in perfect proportion to the other girls lives and where they were. The fashion was a little too forefront, I thought. In the series, it was always important, but it wasn't "presented" where in the movie, it was name drop after name drop and it was almost it's own character. I loved the storylines for Charlotte, Samantha, and Miranda as much as the one for Carrie. All in all, while it was 2 1/2 hours long, I didn't even flinch or nod off (rare, these days) and thoroughly enjoyed being back into it for one night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to see it but want to rent it and watch it with a few other friends who missed it. I watch the re-runs which are great but honestly, need the profanity! Hope you are feeling good. Miss you! By the way, finally finished my MLS and will graduate in December.