*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Explosion

I don't remember the last time either kid had a blowout. Yesterday broke that streak. And, we were at a party. And, Joe wasn't there. And, I had no other clothes of course. Poor Rory. On the drive to the party he cried out and said "Mommy, stop the van, stop the van". It was a "I'm struggling with this poop" cry so I did my best to soothe and comfort and figured I'd change him in the back of the van when we arrived. I didn't smell anything so I forgot and we went in. About a 1/2 hour to an hour later Rory came over and was standing by me talking to some friends. He said "Mommy, I have something on my finger". I just brushed it off without really looking and kept on talking. One of them said a few minutes later that he had something on his pants. The dread came over me as I looked and realized all at once...it wasn't the Reses Peanut Butter Cups I was letting him shove into his mouth and melt all over the place. Oh crap. No pun intended.

I swept him upstairs with my bag and put him down in the bathroom and just sat there. It was all over the back of his shirt and jeans, had dripped down his leg into his socks. You have got to be kidding me. My friend, whose house it was, provided me a towel and t-shirt for him. Slowly and carefully I managed to get his shirt off without shmearing poop into his hair (this was not easy). I must have used 20 wipes to get him "clean". It was the most disgusting, liquid, smelly diarrhea I've seen in quite some time. When we went downstairs, I knew there was no way it was on the outside of his clothes without leaving its mark somewhere in the house. And, yes, a puddle of brown poop was in their living room...Thank GOD on the floor and not the rug...and no one seemed to have spotted it. Another friend saw my distress and quickly and covertly handed me some very pretty gold napkins which managed to do the job.

Then, my poor little boy had to spend the rest of the party in a t-shirt and diaper and fuzzy crocs. What a terrible look. I did get a picture of him later with his coat and hat on, fuzzy crocs and no pants, but it's on my phone and I have no idea how to get it off my phone and onto the computer. It might be worth figuring out. And Joe thought a weekend with his buddies in Chicago would top that...

No comments: