*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, October 13, 2008

Mellow Weekend

It was nice to not have much going on this weekend as we have lots coming up through Thanksgiving (which I'm hosting and already starting to think about in addition to Xmas/Hanukkah shopping believe it or not). Remembering being in the last trimester of pregnancy with Rory at this time of year, the earlier I do things and the better planned I am, the better. The body can only take so much 3rd time around, especially with work getting busier and 2 other kids to chase after.

I got some time to run errands on my own on Saturday and to see my friend who just had twin girls recently. The babies were so good, but I did feel a wave of overwhelmed for her just thinking about doing what you do for an infant times 2. I do think, in retrospect, that infants are easier than toddlers...at least they don't tantrum or negotiate or need choices or need to do things themselves. It's simplified (from a mom who, knock on wood, has had pretty good luck with sleep with both of my kids). We went to an Oktoberfest party and then spent yesterday doing stuff around the house. I cleaned 1/2 of the house (the hard rooms) and planted tulip bulbs (which is the easiest gardening to do by far, by the way). The kids took out their gardening bag and "helped out". Shelagh got bored pretty quick, but Rory really had fun putting the bulbs in and making sure they were point up and not in a straight line. He especially liked piling them with soil and mulch so that "the snow doesn't make you cold, little bulbs and you boom in the springtime" - thank you, Little Einsteins "It's Springtime" episode which had a blooming yellow tulip being planted for inspiring my little yellow lover.

We ended the weekend with a trip to Annas Taqueria, some ice cream at JP Licks, and Family Movie Night featuring James and the Giant Peach. I should have known it would be a little creepy once I saw Tim Burton in the credits, but they did okay and were pretty excited that James was having adventures on a peach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sena Mom turned me on to your blog. It is amazing how you journal your adventures with your family. I wish I had done that. The kids sound so adorable and full of awe. Thank you for sharing and let me know when you are around. I know it is not easy with pregnancy and all. Love to Joe and the kids. love Beth