*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bahamas Getaway and Last Xmas Prep

We took a last minute quick vacation with the kids to the Atlantis in the Bahamas. We did the same trip at this time of year 2 years ago right before Rory turned 2. What a fantastic place! We had mixed weather, but it was better than the foot of snow and frigid temps here in Boston. I have over 300 pics so I'll work on getting a few posted this weekend. I've managed to finish cards, calendars (although I still have to mail them), all extraneous gift giving (care givers, etc) and have only a few things left to do:
  1. Make Toffee Caramel Cheesecake for Xmas Eve with family (crust done, cake tonight, caramel topping tomorrow). Let's hope I don't eat the Trader Joes chocolate covered toffee candy that I crush and sprinkle on top before I finish the cake!
  2. Make cookies and crunchy vegetable snacks for Santa and his reindeer with the kids tomorrow AM.
  3. Wrap all the kids gifts (SIGH. I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago and, alas, I did not). We do Xmas Eve in southern NH so there is no way I'm waiting until we get home to do that. Tonights activity along with the end of Season 1 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
  4. Put together Shelaghs gift - a Vanity table and chair set. This is Joe's job that he will hopefully do tonight.
  5. Clean my house for Xmas and Xmas dinner. Only my MIL is coming, but I cannot stress enough how FILTHY my house is. FILTHY. Kelly shoved a dust bunny into her mouth this morning.
  6. Organize my Xmas breakfast (french toast which soaks overnight) and Xmas dinner plan.
  7. Put aside and plan some time this weekend to cook. I miss it terribly, but I have been so busy that I've only been making superfast staple meals. I'm hoping this weekend to make 1-2 soups, some bread or muffins, and do a Meal Plan for next week (it's been ages).
  8. Figure out when the hell Joe and I can escape for an IMAX 3D viewing of Avatar. Plus a few other movies we both have wanted to see.

No comments: