*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I am a Mess

Thanksgiving is over, most of my holiday shopping is done, yet I am still a mess. My family celebrates the holidays in NJ early so that is another reason I do my shopping before Thanksgiving. It's more peaceful, I like browsing without the shopping-rage, and I need to organize my family gifts, Hannukkah and Christmas. We don't do full presents for both holidays, but I do tend to do one bigger item for each kid for each holiday and then little stuff otherwise. We exchange gifts on 4 out of 8 of the days of Hannukkah - usually a book, an art something or other, etc. Anyway, I usually have to spread everything out and divide it up, wrap it accordingly and hide it in a way that doesn't have me winging it at midnight each night throughout December!

We are contemplating a last minute get away this month for the family. It would be great to get away. Let's just hope I finish my stuff soon!

Holidays cards...borderline disaster trying to take a picture of the 3 kids over the weekend without one of them crying at any given time. Looks like separate pics of each kid will be the call this year. We seriously mail out about 150 cards or something crazy like that. My husband keeps in touch with ANYONE HE'S EVER MET! It's nice though to cover our dining room with everyone elses pictures. It prompts me to make plans with friends and try to entertain over the winter to catch up with people we haven't seen in awhile.

Annual calendar...last night I went through over 1500 pictures from 2009 narrowing down my favorite 3-8 from each month. I have to actually put the calendar together now and come up with witty captions. Joe will be good for this part.

Gift wrapping...3 kids, 2 holidays, 2 families of swaps...I'm dizzy.

Okay, I'm going to try to work for at least a few minutes today.

No comments: