*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pandora is cool

I love Pandora. I was totally bored with my music selection but not sure how to search for something new. A friend at work suggested setting up channels on Pandora Internet radio, which is free if you haven't heard of it. I'm officially addicted.

Since I can't get Sirius on my iPhone at work, b/c of the annoying charge and lack of Howard which makes me even LESS happy about paying beyond my already paid for lifetime membership; now I can get a bigger range of music. I set up a few channels depending on mood and what project I'm working on (ie the level of concentration required). I'm trying to get a good upbeat dance kind of channel. I'm so lame and out of date that I literally had to start off with Madonna and then add a few things here and there to figure out what the hell is upbeat these days. I added one Black Eyed Peas song I heard on SNL that seemed catchy, but I don't like all their music...it's irritating sometimes listening to Fergies weird voice/accent/who knows.

I'm so pathetic with my ability to keep up with music. I listen to Howard and Martha Stewart too much and when I do listen to music I go right to the channels that play stuff I already know. What I need to do is muscle through Sirius Hits (Channel 1) for a bit and get some exposure to what's going on out there. Big sigh. Any suggestions are welcomed.

No comments: