*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, December 31, 2009

TV: When will the new shows start already????

We spent most of the Fall about 3-4 weeks behind in all our shows. What a busy last few months. All it takes is a few weeks of holiday time repeats and specials to slow down the new episodes, bring in the finales, and catch up. Which is what we've done. And now we have nothing. I even searched through On Demand the other night to find something. On Demand sucks, by the way. We're down to 2 movies at a time on Netflix and 1 of them, unfortunately, is Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure. However, Inglorious Basterds should arrive today. Weee.

We landed last night on Hoarders. This is a super-sad, super-disgusting show spotlighting people who compulsively collect and pile up things until their homes are unrecognizable, filthy, and their children and animals are on the verge of being taken away. I, on the other hand, compulsively throw things away (I have been known to unknowingly in my zeal throw away brand new items, such as a nice Brooks Brothers tie with tags still on). If ever I wanted to farm out the kids for a day and just clear crap out from the top to the bottom of my house it's now. Joe doesn't think he could watch it again. I think I must, but I will be alone.

Moving on...big shows coming up that I can't wait to begin...
  1. Lost (Tues, Feb 2) - so far away still...
  2. Big Love (Sun, Jan 10)
  3. Friday Night Lights (I thought Jan, but it's still airing on DirectTV. Newman.)
  4. Archer (new FX animated adult show. the commercials look hilarious) (Thu, Jan 14)
  5. Damages (Mon, Jan 25th)

Year longs that we're continuing to watch...

  1. Office
  2. Parks & Rec - getting better all the time
  3. 30 Rock - Can't go wrong
  4. Glee - I'm not loving it, but it's decent.
  5. Modern Family - Liking it more than Glee, but there are trying a hair too hard. We'll see.
  6. Greys - me only. It's really terrible, but I can't stop.

Looks like we'll be watching some stuff on DVD for awhile...

  1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - About to start Season 3 and really liking it
  2. Brotherhood - We need to watch Season 3. I just saw this was cancelled. Bummer...we liked it.
  3. HIMYM - This is just me so I'm about 22 episodes back right now. Shelagh calls this show the "Marshall" show. I won't really catch up until Joe goes on his annual ski trip probably. I'm at the end of last seaon and I have all of this season taped and continuing to tape.

Maybe we'll try...

  1. Bored to Death (HBO) - I started taping these, but never watched and then just deleted them. I like Jason Schwartzman. It looked interesting anyway.
  2. Go back to In Treatment (HBO)? We stopped watching this, but maybe we'll watch Season 2 during this down time.
  3. Time to start Battlestar Gallactica??? I'm going to have to work on Joe for this one. It's 5 seasons though, so he'll have to be on board.
  4. Time to go back to watch Homicide? We've been wanting to watch this show (from creator of The Wire) for awhile now.

No comments: