*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, December 15, 2008

Meal Planning wk of 12/12

I have been meal planning, but not posting lately. Here's the plan for this week:

Friday - Homemade Pizza - nothing fancy, just have extra sauce and bought premade dough and shredded cheese. Kids liked it and I was too tired from cleaning to do much else.
Saturday - Xmas Party - Wonderful apps a la Trader Joes at this party (Yes, you made the blog and I have another post coming so actually you made it twice, ES!)
Sunday - Swedish Meatballs with Buttered Noodles & Salad - This came out pretty good other than me hosing the meatballs a bit. If you make this, definitely stick to 10 minutes on the meatballs and not 12+. Also, add salt to the sauce.
Monday - Chicken Milanese w/ Roasted Carrots & Parsnips & Salad - Add more salt to the panko before cooking!
Tuesday - Smoked Salmon Pasta - Can't find this recipe online...leftovers for the kids.
Wednesday - Escarole, Bean & Sausage Soup - I don't use kielbasa for this but regular sweet italian sausage.
Thursday - Tortilla Espanola; Kids - M & C night

I'll post recipe links later when I get home. I have to do some work today :)
UPDATE: Recipes posted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

post the sausage soup recipe. i need some good stuff to make when judy is here next week...good times:)

Anonymous said...

I have a question...2 recipes with "panko" in 1 week...Can you use plain old bread crumbs or does it make a difference? And, do you find "panko" in a regular grocery store? K

PopMom said...

I actually just looked in my regular grocery in the Asian food section and didn't find Panko there. They are definitely at Whole Foods. I know I've seen them at a regular grocery before too though...IANS brand (yellow packaging) has them. Sometimes they are by the fish section.

PopMom said...

And, yes, I think regular breadcrumbs substitute just fine.