*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Meal Planning wk of 12/26

Here's my plan for the week...Next week begins the freezer cleanout project I am determined to complete before the baby arrives so that my mom has room to fill it back up :)

Friday - Take out

Saturday - Ham/Bean Soup - I wrote about this recipe in previous post. I did it to use up the ham bone from Xmas.

Sunday - Garlic Roast Pork Loin from The Complete Meat Cookbook by Bruce Aidells (my favorite cookbook), Mashed Potatoes, sauteed Brussel Sprouts w/ onions. This recipe is close to the Roast Pork from the book, but not exactly. I used a 3 3/4 lb partially boneless center cut roast, cut away the bones and tied them back to the roast. I used 6 cloves garlic, 1 Tbl salt, 1 tsp dried sage, 2 tsp dried rosemary. When the temp goes down to 300, it is expected to take 1-1 1/4 hours to bring the pork to temperature and I may even have to put the bones back in if the roast is done but the bones are still pink. Otherwise, same idea.

Monday - Teriyaki Chicken but without the Roasted Scallions (I love them but I have veggies in the frig I have to use), Gnocchi (Trader Joes), sauteed Zucchini

Tuesday - Leftovers

Wednesday - New Years Eve - not sure yet

Thursday - Roast Beef, Broccoli, Rice or Pasta something or other

No comments: