*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pampering Day

Yesterday was a total "me" day. With Joe having some stuff going on over several weekends in December and January, I realized I needed to schedule a day for myself before it's too late! I started the day with a nice prenatal massage and then a pedicure. I left the house a little early and sat at the bagel shop with my book for awhile first (The Secret Life of Bees per a referral from my friend at work who says it's her favorite book. I'm split right now at about 1/2-way through).

Then I did some shopping and pretty much reversed the physical benefit of the massage by being on my feet too long. You could argue that that's not the way to spend a day to myself, but doing errands without the kids and actually being able to browse is so nice sometimes. I got some crafts for Rorys 3rd birthday party next weekend (I'm not crafty...this took some time); a new outfit for myself for the hospital; and 2 outfits for the baby (I have no business buying her anything really since I have a ton of stuff from Shelagh, but I had no dresses for 0-3 and they were on sale at Old Navy).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had a nice day. I completely agree with you on the alone errand front. Its like a mini-vacation being able to wander thru stores without the kids. As for "Secret Life of Bees"...ehhh. It was okay. I am now reading "Loving Frank" about Frank Lloyd Wright and his affair. Its great...you should pick it up!

Happy New Year, friend. Here's to seeing each other in '09.