*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HIMYM

How I Met Your Mother was one of those shows that I had never watched but heard great things about. This year, Lifetime started showing the series from Season 1, Episode 1 so I started taping it and watching it on my maternity leave. They are in Season 4 now and Season 5 is starting next week. I LOVE IT! I really don't watch many network shows anymore (Office, Parks & Recreation, Greys, just started Glee), but this one is solid. I love Jason Segal. Now I love Neil Patrick Harris too. You get a glimpse of his greatness in Harold & Kumar a few years ago...funny bit making fun of himself like that. SNL appearance - awesome. Tony's...I even tuned in for that for a few minutes. On HIMYM he is fantastic as Barney Stinson and the reason I continue to watch it and have set up my TiVO to tape Season 5. Thanks to Pop Candy, I read an article about him that made me like him more. He's a magician and totally into the magician culture GOB-style! I will actually tune in to the Emmys to see him. Great show to watch on DVD probably as without commercials each episode is probably 20 minutes.

1 comment:

jean said...

hey sena!
i've been watching this since the beginning and it has actually gone downhill a bit...
i do love barney, but i'm getting sick of ted and his soft/whispery voice...