*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Maple-Glazed Chicken

I made a Maple-glazed chicken from Everyday Food for the 2nd time and it was awesome! The combination of Maple Syrup & Cumin is delicious and, yes, I ate almost all the skin while the chicken was sitting out and resting. Okay, not all of it, but A LOT! The recipe is actually for Cornish Game Hens, but you can substitute a chicken. It doesn't seem to be online yet. Basically, you just prep the chicken with olive oil, s & p and put it into a 450 degree oven. After 30 minutes, brush a mixture of 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of cumin, s & p over the chicken and cook until 165 degrees. Yum, Yum. I have got to use this mixture for roasted veggies...it's insanely good.

1 comment:

GreenStyleMom said...

I have a chicken sitting in the freezer... I think I'll try this soon!