*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Beaded Jewelry Making Class

On Saturday I took an all-day beaded jewelry making class in Cambridge. It was something I had been meaning to do for awhile and I finally just did it. There were some freaky individuals in there and it was in a basement on a 70+ degree sunny day, but I enjoyed it and here's what I made!

First we learned earrings. Not too difficult. We did the drops first and then I asked to make hoops just for some variety. The beads we had to choose from were not what I would have picked so I had a hard time coming up with designs. I'm really not that creative...I'm more of a math person.

Then we learned necklace and bracelet stringing and I made a couple of things for Shelagh. She requested something with pink, blue, and purple and then I made the bracelet on a whim.

The necklace and earring set were my attempt at being really crafty. I like them! Now I need some green clothes or something to wear to complement the jewelry.

I definitely think I can do this on my own now...I just need a few hours in the bead store the first time b/c you know it will take me that long to figure things out.

4 comments:

GreenStyleMom said...

That's so great. I've been wanting to learn to make jewelry for awhile now also. I just asked one of my neighbors who makes amazing jewelry to give me a short lesson. Can't wait to see what you come up with on your own!

Betsy said...

Was it as freaky as our Cataloging class at Simmons?

PopMom said...

FREAKIER!

Jewelry Houston said...

Necklace and earring set were your attempt at being really crafty and green cloths definitely may complement to each others.