*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fish Soup

What a boring name, but it came out really good. Basically, I was buying fish and since the kids all like Haddock, I got that for the dinner meal. BUT, the cod looked so good that I wanted to get some for who-knows-what-purpose. Soup is always a good call.


I didn't want to make chowder since I've been eating like a complete pig lately including lots of creamed soups and butter and serious amounts of chocolate. I've packed on a few extra LBs this month unfortunately. So, I just did the following...

1) Sauted 3 chopped carrots, 1 chopped celery stack, and 1 small chopped onion in a bit of oil.
2) Added 48oz of chicken broth and brought to a boil. Lowered to medium heat and let it cook awhile.
3) Added 1 cubed, peeled baking potato and let it cook for awhile.
4) I then used the hand-held smoothie blender to thicken up the soup by pureeing most of the potato.
5) Added a little over 1/2 lb cod cubed along with a handful of chopped fennel fronds with some salt and let it cook a few more minutes.

It came out really yummy! Everywhere you see "let it cook awhile" means something was going on with the kids and I got pulled away. I guess you can't really screw up soup too much!

No comments: