*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, April 23, 2010

Movies: Fantastic Mr Fox & The Informant!

Last week I watched Fantastic Mr Fox while I was on my forced relaxation and Joe and I watched The Informant! together. He wasn't really into watching FMF since we just watched Where the Wild Things Are...bad Netflix timing on my part...2 "kid" movies at one time was not a good plan.

LOVED FMF - I have really enjoyed Wes Andersons other movies, for the most part, but this one might be my favorite. George Clooney as Mr Fox was, indeed, fantastic. I have to say I liked him more in this than in Up in the Air (sorry, Chris :) ). He was witty, charming, quick, and the writing, as expected, was perfect. It was not really a kids movie (although Shelagh and Rory did watch the end with me and Rory was laughing along). It was cartoon/claymation or something like that, but it was adult-themed. It didn't have any bad language or nudity or sexual themes at all. It did have a bit of violence - gun shots, shot off tail, a little blood, but nothing my kids can't handle now that they are knee-deep in the Clone Wars (more on that later). This was great - add it to your list!

The Informant! was okay. I fell asleep, but it was late and I was tired and on sleep medication. Matt Damon was a pretty good compulsive liar. The chick who played his wife was WAY annoying...maybe it was her dumb haircut and lame clothes. Who knows. The dude from Quantum Leap played his FBI counterpart and was decent (Scott Bakula?) - also a dumb haircut that was distracting. Good plot, but overall slow.

Next up, The Blind Side. I have zero interest in this movie other than the fact that SB won the Oscar for what looks like a mediocre role. Joe likes sports movies and wants to see it. I have to see how far off her winning was so that I'm annoyed based on fact and not on presumption (I'm thinking this is akin to Julia Roberts winning for Erin Brockovich which still annoys me x years later). I'm legit like that. Plus, I have a ridiculous curiosity about her b/c of what is going on in her personal life (like we know the truth anyway). I, unlike other people who said "this was going to happen", liked the idea that she found love with someone totally unexpected and that she turned his world around. I'm bummed for her and the kids. I wanted to think he was way cool and grown up after having met her. Oh well. Maybe Bombshell McGee is lying about the whole thing. Crazy bitch.

1 comment:

Chris Archibee said...

No apology necessary. Although I really liked Up in the Air, we recently watched FMF too and think it the Cloon are brilliant.