*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, April 19, 2010

Me & the Kids Today

I haven't cried in 2 days until last night and this morning. I kind of thought "Ok, I'm moving on a bit and maybe the hormones are washing out of me". Not quite. I had a moment last night after the kids went to bed, but was determined to just get up and go to work today. It's school vacation week in MA this week and I figured people would be out at work and it would be a light week. I just want to get that "first day back" over with, ya know?

This morning, I was filling up my pocketbook, which I haven't used since before our loss, and stumbled on the last Ultrasound pics of the baby and just cried. Of course Shelagh walked in and I had to explain to her why I was crying. She is being so stoic and so I tried to let her know it was okay to be sad. This seems to make her mad b/c she does not want to cry for some reason. I told her it was okay NOT to be sad also. She wasn't so mad with that comment and just started hugging and playing with Kelly. I think she is coping through Kelly. Who knows...she's just shy of 6 so it's hard to tell and she's not so forthcoming about it. I continue to try though and Kelly is loving it so no harm I guess.

Joe took these pics this morning after that encounter before I left. I love both pics and they are cheering me up at work today. Don't you just want to eat them up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am here if i can help in any way.
nicole

Karri said...

Thinking of you Sena! Lots of love coming your way from Cali! xoxo

Anonymous said...

favorite pics so far!
beautiful family.
Kara